Friday, October 23, 2009

Frugal Friday - Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush


I've been yapping on and on about the virtures of cream blush so while picking up a birthday card at Walgreen's I decided to try Maybelline's Dream Mousse Blush to see if it could be a candidate for Frugal Friday. The blushes were BOGOH and I chose Rose Petal and Cloud Wine. The texture of this blush is very light and it looks air whipped in the pot like a real mousse would be. Upon application it dries to a bit of a powdery finish but not in a bad way. Since the texture is so light, it blends beautifully--just dip a finger in the pot and tap on apples of the cheeks then blend toward the hairline with your fingers or a sponge--I prefer the sponge to blur edges.

Cloud Wine is a plum rose shade perfect for fall;  it looks as if you just came in from raking the leaves on a crisp fall day. I wasn't as impressed with Rose Petal, I needed to keep layering to get the color to show up on my skin. Both shades have a bit of shimmer that imparts a healthy glow. My only complaint is that this blush is not long lasting, however it will provide a nice base for powder blushes.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush is available in six shades and retails for around $7.   Grade: C

I purchased these products myself

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Prime Beauty,

Cute blog! It's Joi Wheatley from ideeli.com

Did you know that ideeli has an awesome blogger incentive program? Would be happy to send you the details.

If interested, please email me at: jwheatley@ideel.com

Thanks So Much,

Joi